Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Proud to Be an American


This 4th of July was quite different from the one last year. Don't get me wrong, there were still fireworks and all that good stuff, but last year I would never have imagined that I would be in Seattle this year, watching the fireworks on the roof of our apartment complex surrounded by complete strangers, half of who were drunk. Haha, it was actually kind of funny listening to some people try to talk. Either way, Jason and I got a sweet view of the firework show that they do every year right over Lake Union, which is right in front of downtown. I'll tell you what, folks, I am glad to be an American! I don't care what people say about our country or our leaders, we have one heck of a sweet deal and we better not take it for granted! I've been doing an online course of 20th Century Russian history and boy oh boy, if you ever think we have a screwed up political system try understanding some of the crazy stuff that went down during the Soviet Union! Whew! I thought about that as I watched the fireworks this year and I'll say it once again, I'm proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment