Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Makings of My First Quilt!

It has finally begun! I am taking the leap and diving off into my first quilting escapade! I am going to try and keep track of the steps I take, almost like one of those well done quilting blogs that actually know what they are doing. If you want to check out the actual steps in making this quilt, click on the link. So here it goes:
1) I had to aqcuire the fabric.
This was actually very challenging. The quilting pattern called for a line of fabric called Soire'e by the designer Lila Tueller. I absolutely LOVE her stuff! I love the bright colors and happy designs she uses. Her fabric is so appealing to me. I thought it would be as easy as clicking on a link online and buying the necessary charm packs. But alas, this was not the case. Apparently, this line of fabric went out of production so I couldn't find it anywhere! But fate smiled down on me. I just so happen to be related to a really cool sister in law who loves quilting and fabric more than anyone I know. She also happened to live near a hole-the-wall fabric store that sold the fabric I needed. She graciously mailed it to me, and I began my quilt.
Here are the cut pieces of the charm pack Soire'e. Check out these colors! I love it!

2) After cutting the 5' squares in half, I had to sew them together ( 5 columns with 22 pieces)
Pictures to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment