Sunday, June 28, 2009

Alki Beach...How Romantic!


Friday night Jason took me on a romantic date to the exotic beaches of Seattle. Haha, after growing up in Florida and living 20 minutes away from real beaches, any man-made beach is going to make you laugh. Nevertheless, we enjoyed walking up and down the walkway that hugged the coast and boasted a fabulous view of the city skyline. This was the first time Jason had touched the Pacific ocean and man! that water was COLD! As the setting sun sank into Puget sound, we strolled by all the bicyclists, rollerbladers and beach bums also enjoying their Friday evening. We met some people speaking Russian so I was even able to use my extremely limited Russian skills I picked up while in Moldova. (When I say limited I mean it, it consists of "please" and "thank you") I am pretty sure too that I saw a seal! I kept seeing a head bob up and down. It was either a seal or a mermaid, one can't be too sure....

The Pacific Ocean! (kind of) That water was chiiillllly!


2 comments: