Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Go Seattle Sounders!

I had never heard of the Seattle sounders when Jason told me that Google had gotten tickets for all of the interns to attend one of their games. But then again, I would wager that most Americans couldn't name more than a few teams in the MLS, if they even knew what that was in the first place. By the way, MLS stands for Major League Soccer. Then again, maybe it's just me who is the ignorant fool. Either way, Jason was able to get an extra ticket for me and, along with his mentor,Larry, we went tonight to watch the Sounders take on DC United. It was a pretty cool exciting game and the football stadium-turned soccer stadium boasted a fairly large crowd. I found myself cheering, booing and whooping along with all of the crazy wild fans. My, my, how our allegiances can so easily be altered. I haven't even lived in Seattle for 2 months! I cannot say that we walked away triumphant; the Sounders tied 3-3, which was very disappointing, but it's all good. :)We had lots of fun!!

1 comment:

  1. this is THE FAMILY!!!!!!! WE miss you! You look so cute together. Rachel wants to start a blog too! Maybe you could give her some tips. Dad and I can't wait to go to Seattle and see all those weirdos waiting at bus stops.....Love-Mamma

    ReplyDelete