Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our Ward Christmas Party!

What Great Who- Parents!
      Tonight our ward put on play based on the famous children's book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was a great play with amazing costumes, props and sets. Since Jason and I were on the activities committee, we got to help out a lot, including being part of the play! Between setting up, making food and buying last minute items, I was running around like crazy this week, but it all turned out very well. I'll admit, I'm super glad it's over because now I can focus my attention to other things... like sewing my very first Christmas tree skirt! woohoo!!!

This is a glimpse of what the set looked like. The Grinch is on the left, playing the role of Santa Claus at this point and those two girls in the middle were two our  "who-children." 


 And I can't forget to mention that this ward party marked a very significant event for me: I made my very first funeral potato casserole, a true Mormon tradition. I have now officially been inducted into Mormon culture!

1 comment:

  1. If You still need any help with the embroidery let me know-and I'd like the recipe to that casserole!

    ReplyDelete