Friday, December 10, 2010

My Tree Skirt (I'm so domestic!)

Ok, so this tree skirt was super basic and it didn't even require a sewing machine, I just sewed everything by hand, but I am dang proud of it. It's a little lopsided, the stitching is a little off, I failed at ever making the french knots that I originally intended on using for the berries and parts of it are already fraying...but hey, it's my first sewing project. :) I decided I was going to do it and I did! The fact that I finished a project is an accomplishment in and of itself!

I was originally planning on stitching multiple little holly leaves, but got really tired after doing this batch. So I thought " maybe I'll add a batch every Christmas and make it a tradition" aka "i'm really tired of doing this and I don't want to stitch any more holly leaves."


3 comments:

  1. that's pretty awesome. no laughing, but even with all the sewing i do... i don't have a handmade tree skirt yet... or stockings. i think i'll get the stockings remedied this year since we'll be home and kallie believes in the whole "the stockings were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that saint nicholaus soon would be there" thing. :o)

    ReplyDelete