Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall

I am really looking forward to fall this year. I usually bemoan the fact that the days are getting shorter and the weather is decidely cooler. I  get a little sad inside when I see the leaves changing colors and I know that my blessed summer is about to leave me. I am a summer girl at heart. Heat, sun and pool are my life. Fall means good-bye to all that and it always gets me a little down.
But not this year.
I am excited to see the leaves changing and the weather cooling. Even the days getting shorter isn't bothering me ( too much). It means cozying up with yummy foods like butternut squash soup, chili and banana nut bread. It means dressing Claire up in cute little fall outfits with cute little sweaters. I'm even excited about the rain coming because that means I get to buy her cute little galoshes. It means putting her in her oh-so-cute elephant costume that I bought her for Halloween. And it means candy for mommy! yay!
I'm excited to take her on walks and show her the different colored leaves. I'm excited to see her start walking, which I think will happen at the end of this season. I guess I'm looking forward to fall because I know that even though I won't have my hot sun and pool, my little girl is still going to be happy and find things that make her happy.
And that makes me happy. Very happy.
 
On a side note, I'm excited to get crafty again. I have a few quilts and hats in the works and in the planning stages. Here are a few things that I have done so far:
 
A baby boy quilt

 
A baby boy hat
 
And a baby girl hat
 
This is the other side
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What the heck, you are soooo talented!!!! Great job!! And I love that you're excited for the fall because it means candy for mommy. Haha. You're a girl after my own heart. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete