Monday, September 24, 2012

Hanging with Aunt Bina and Uncle Arty, Part 1

 This weekend Jason, Claire and I drove up to Vancouver, Canada to hang out with Aunt Bina and Uncle Arty. They are going on a cruise this week that departs from Vancouver and invited us up to spend a day with them before they left.
 
The drive is about 3 hours--that's child's play for us seasoned roadtrippers!
 
Saturday we headed over to Stanley Park and spent the afternoon at the Aquarium. This aquarium is much better than the one in Seattle. They had harbor seals, dolphins and a beluga whale. We saw the dolphin show and watched a 4D video about the salmon run, which fascinated me. But then again, I'm a sucker for natural history/nature documentaries. I LOVE them!

 
 
We went back to their hotel to put our feet up for a bit and relax before heading out on the town for a fun evening.  We walked around downtown, window shopped and enjoyed some of the best Chinese food I've ever had in my life!


We left that night, after a little more chillin' time in the hotel.

 
The best part of all of this is that I will get to see them again on Friday!
Coming Up: Aunt Bina and Uncle Arty, Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment