Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a snow version of Uncle Ico!
       There is nothing like having the family together for the holidays. Maybe it's because I'm just getting older and therefore more mushy and sentimental, but I really like being with family. I wasn't always like that. There is no group of people I would rather be with to celebrate special occasions than with the one that knows me the best, can share the longest running inside jokes and who I can give noogies to!
      It snowed again today--another weird occurrence for this area. Dad, Rachel and Jonny went outside to play in it while Mom and I got to cooking ( and boy did we cook!). They built this big snowman which they then carried up in pieces and assembled on our balcony. It looked just like Uncle Ico! By the afternoon it had warmed up enough so that the snow started melting, but there was enough on the ground to create the holiday "mood."
      Naturally we stuffed our faces, like the gluttonous Americans we are, then we went on a scenic drive to show everyone how beautiful it is around here. When we got back, because we hadn't consumed enough calories, we busted out the apple crisp pie and pumpkin pie with ice cream and whipped cream. Hmm Hmm! What fatties!  I went ahead and put up our little Christmas tree too! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. and mom has more pictures to prove it! (which i will post for you as soon as i unpack the laundry...

    ReplyDelete