Saturday, January 1, 2011

Celebrating Christmas with Family

Jason and I were not planning on going anywhere for Christmas. We were going to stay right here in Redmond. And then plans changed. Maybe it was me just pouting all the time. Or maybe it was the realization that this could possibly be the last Christmas my family celebrated with Grandma. Maybe its because Jason knew I would be painful to live with if I didn't get to go to New York for Christmas. Either way, the decision was made late Saturday night and we were on a plane to  D.C. less than 12 hours later. Whew!
       Good times were had. we spent four days with his parents in Virginia then took the train up to N.Y. to Grandma's house where we surprised my family! Poor dad just started crying when he saw us. We've got to stop surprising him, he's gonna have a heart attack one day. We also got to see relatives, which is always good, because I feel like I don't see then hardly enough, and Jason has only met them once before.

Rachel's and my gingerbread house

Jason was so excited to get an orange in his stocking!




Me and Jessica, my cousin


Hanging at Aunt Bina's house

Us with Uncle Ico and Aunt Cindy
    
I love being at Grandma's house for Christmas. It reminds me of so many good memories as a kid, and this time was no different. Yep, Christmas for me is definitely about being with family!

1 comment:

  1. Paul Likes this :)
    ....Oh wait, this isn't facebook, teehee, I'm glad you wrote this Chiara- it really was a special Christmas

    ReplyDelete