Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Fruit of My Labors

Well September just snuck up on us and, sadly enough, it was just beginning to feel like summer...

Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty warm, sunny and nice outside but it felt like that whole summer feel just didn't come until, oh, mid-August. Ya know, bright hot sunshine, the smell of sunscreen and water, popsicles, etc...

But come it did, and with it came the fruition of my tomato plants. I think, due to the lateness of the season and the extra rain this summer, they were slow to bring fruit. Even Jason commented on them the other evening when we were sitting outside. He said he's never seen a tomato plant bear so little fruit. Hey, back off buddy! This is the first time for me and at least they bore something! So here are some pictures of, literally, the fruit of my labors:

Before:



After:
 


Before:

After:
 


1 comment:

  1. cute! I wish I had grown roma tomatoes, but I have something more circular-I'm not much of a tomato guru, I just thought I'd give it a try this year. I'm going to try to make sauce out of mine, since I don't really like tomatoes plain. What are you going to do with yours?

    ReplyDelete