Friday, February 10, 2012

Waiting until the 11th Hour

I am going to get up on my soap box for a minute and ramble about why it is so important to NOT procrastinate and to always be prepared. Ok, I guess I should actually step down from the box now because I am not the person who should be preaching about the evils of procrastination. Procrastinating should be labeled as one of my favorite things to do. :)

Getting ready for Claire to come is one example. I guess you can say I waited until the 11th hour to get her things in order. I was meaning to organize and wash her clothes earlier but I figured I was only 38 weeks pregant and I would probably have her late anyways. So here is what happened:
Let's backtrack a second
Thursday, December 21: Jason and I officially finish the couch we had been working on for 6 months. There was a lot of procrastination and delaying in that time frame.
Thursday, December 29: Jason and I finally go buy a dresser for Claire. Ikea closed at 9 pm; we left our house at 8:30. Last minute people? I think so.
Friday, December 30: We finish puttting together the dresser.
Saturday, December 31: I spend the whole day washing her clothes, cleaning out our bedroom and doing a general cleaning of the house.
Sunday afternoon, January 1: I finish putting away and hanging up her clothes. I also get the stroller and bassinet ready
Sunday evening, January 1: Jason and I go to the hospital. The next time I am home it will be Friday, January 6th and Claire is with us!

Whew! When the nurses and doctor told me Sunday night that I would probably be induced I think I was able to handle the news better knowing that at least her dresser, clothes and general things were in order. But I shouldn't have waited so long! My poor little OCD brain would have been in agony the whole time if things weren't in order. But they were, and I was able to enjoy the idea that I was going to have a baby!!
Moral of the story: you never know when your high blood pressure may put a twist on things in your life.

Here are some pictures I took the night before I went into the hospital.



2 comments:

  1. Chi, that quilt is beyond amazing, is that the one you made? Post a more detailed picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say it was. I did make a quilt that is currently in the crib but the quilt you see in that picture was made by my sister in law. She is an incredible quilter! You should check our her quilting blog http://frivolousnecessity.blogspot.com/

      Delete