Friday, April 6, 2012

The Story of the Bad Gift Giver

I had a friend get married this past October. She and her fiance already had many of the traditional gidgets and gadgets that so often are bestowed on a newly married couple. So, beginning last summer, I started concocting a plan to sew her a quilt as a gift. I really have the best intentions sometimes. :) And I figured I would have plenty of time if I started in September.
Well..... things didn't exactly go according to plan. Not to justify my poor planning but the couch took way longer than it was supposed to! The original projected finish date was the end of August. I was sewing cushions clear until December. When we finally finished the couch I thought, "now, I can work on that quilt!"
Well.... I had Claire about 10 days after we finished the couch. Whew! Close call. And when I had her nothing got done. I was lucky if I even got a shower in, let along work on sewing anything.

But finally this whole take-care-of-a-baby thing became more routine and I learned how to function again. And so, today, April 6 2012, six months after my friend got married, I finally gave her her wedding gift. Maybe I should just stick to gift cards from now on. :)

It's a very small lap quilt. But she isn't very tall, so it should work. :)





The End.

2 comments:

  1. Way to persevere and get the gift done. It turned out great! You're getting pretty good at this, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiara, this was such a thoughtful gift! What a coincidence that I read this post (and am commenting) as I'm sitting on the couch, snuggling with my lap guilt :)

    Btw. I love the part where you say "It's a very small lap quilt. But she isn't very tall, so it should work." It's so true! It fits me perfectly!

    You're the best! I love you!
    -Fernanda

    ReplyDelete