Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baking Streak!

Chocolate zuchini bread--and who said you can't have it all?
     Maybe streak is the wrong word for it, but I have just made homemade food three days in a row! That's kind of a big deal for me. Like a BIG deal. I made sour cream pound cake ( with strawberries and whipped cream on top--yum yum!), then I made some chocolate zuchini bread and today I made spinach stromboli.
     Unfortunately I only have a picture of the zuchini bread. I gotta remember to document this kinda stuff! The first two turned out terrific. The stromboli....well....I made the dough and I think I let it rise too long...and I think it got a little fermented. Just a little. It still tastes OK, but it definitely had greater potential.
     Maybe it's because the weather has cooled significantly. Maybe because the holidays are approaching and somewhere in the back of mind I feel like I need to refresh my baking skills. Or maybe it's just because I finally stopped being lazy and opened up that awesome cookbook I got last Christmas! Either way, I am dang proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment