Monday, May 18, 2009

A day in Canada


Well we had the chance to cross the perilous Canadian border on Saturday and drive up to Vancouver for Jason's conference. Oh, he was so cute when he presented his paper to all the geeky computer nerd people. But that wasn't even the best part! I rented a bike and rode around a beautiful park called Stanley island that favors you with breathtaking northwestern views of ocean, mountains, green pine trees and clam-strewn beaches.
Also, there was a dock right out behind the Westin hotel (where the conference was held) and when Jason and I were walking along it we saw seals!! hah! and we weren't even at Sea World! We got that for free! Overall it was a fun little trip. I wish we could have spent more time in Vancouver but we wanted to get back the same day. If I ever go there again, I'm gonna make Jason rent a bike with me and ride all over the place. It sure as heck beats sitting in a conference room listening to boring presentations!



Here are some more pictures!



Luckily my cool awesome 7 speed teal cruiser counteracted the nerdiness of my helmet.

Aw...my little baby all grown up and attending conferences....

1 comment: