Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

                       I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sometimes known as the Mormon church. The core and strength of my beliefs lies in the name of this church: The Church of Jesus Christ. I know that He is my Savior, my Redeemer, the Son of God. I know that because of Him, I can repent of the things I have done wrong and I can take every new day God gives me to improve myself and become a better person--the person that God wants me to be.
                       Jason and I were discussing some of his coworkers' ideas about what they want to accomplish in life and what drives them. Their need for success in the workforce and desire for material wealth and social prestige made me think about what drives me.
                       I know that I have a purpose in this life. I know that before I was born, I lived with my Father in Heaven as his spirit child and one day I can live with Him again. I know that this life was given to every human being to be tried and tested--to learn and to grow and to prepare themselves to live in the presence of the Father again ( Alma 34:32, Book of Mormon). Our loving Heavenly Father knew that we would make mistakes and fall very short of the high requirement to live in the presence of a perfect Being. That's why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to atone for, or take upon Himself our imperfections, sins, and afflictions (Alma 34:9-10,16). He paid the price for our shortcomings, enabling us to repent and to have hope that we can live, as families, with our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ after this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment