Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ward Halloween Party

This year I thought it only appropriate that I dress up as an oven. The idea is definitely not original and I'm pretty sure my friend Casey Gifford did it a lot better last year, but nevertheless I thought I'd give it a shot! After a trial run at a youth Halloween party earlier that week, I made some adjustments, added more tape for strength and, hate to brag, but I am pretty dang proud of how it turned out.
    This party demonstrated a stark contrast between me and Jason. I had been planning and scheming about my costume for at least a couple of weeks and I spent more than an hour making it. Jason, on the other hand, about 20 minutes before we had to leave for the party, decided  what he would be and quickly threw it together. A Google employee. Wearing all of his Google attire, including a backpack, he'd aquired during his internship, he hoped to ruffle a few feathers at this ward function that was dominated by "microsoftees." I don't think he did, but he intends to wear this outfit to work tomorrow. :0)
I also wore the shirt that Justin sent to me. It was quite a hit and I must say I really enjoy wearing it. The impatience I feel waiting for this sweet little girl to come is reflected  in this shirt.


Oh! and how could I forget to mention another tiny detail? The highlight of my evening was when they announced that I had won first prize with the chili cook off! Me? Win something related to cooking? Non ci credo! It was a very proud moment for me and my certificate hangs proudly and loudly on our refrigerator now!

4 comments:

  1. Winning the chili cook off?!? You are the envy of all trunk-or-treat moms. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth is-and this IS the truth-yours is the ONLY chili I've ever liked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh uh, girl. Yours is BETTER! I love the shirt! haha. And your chili must have been amazing. I'll have to get that recipe. My husband has been looking everywhere for an award-winning chili to eat. haha. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i so so so love that shirt. if i ever have another i am so so so going to have to get one! and just enjoy having somewhere to hang something of yours on the fridge... with all of kallie's "precious" art, i don't get any space most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete