Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Makings of My First Quilt! ( Part IV)

I've delayed this long enough! I got to play and have fun in the sun but now it's back to work! Haha, actually I quite enjoy the whole quilting thing. And I think I'll like it even more when I actually know what I am doing! I've watched a few tutorials and read some stuff about basting so I went ahead and basted my quilt today! Of course, to my dismay, after I had to all laid out everything on the floor, I discovered we had a small sugar ant infestation! EEK!! I quickly took care of that problem and put some ant bait in the corner. But still, c'mon. Can't they see I'm QUILTING??


So first, just like in the tutorials, I taped the backing down so it won't slide around when I  pin it.


Then I layered the batting and front on top! ( Like a cake! I must be hungry)


Finally, I pinned little curved safety pins ( those work the best) every 5-8 inches or so. I probably got lazy at points, so they aren't all that close :)

I cut the excess batting off and voila! I begin my quilting tomorrow!

1 comment: