Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Trip to Florida and Our Cruise!!

 This vacation was really a vacation within a vacation, so I am going to split these entries up into two parts: Visiting the folks in Florida and Cruising the Caribbean. So the first part--visiting the folks--was a big factor in deciding when we would go on the cruise and where. We had toyed with the idea of doing a west coast cruise, but when flights to Orlando dropped drastically we seized the opportunity! We flew into Orlando Saturday night and had a wonderful Easter with my parents, Jonny and Rachel.

The day was beautiful and sunny. We had a delicious dinner with the missionaries, prepared by mom . And we even did the Romanian tradition of knocking eggs together! Jason, who didn't want to play at first, was really enjoying himself by the end when he won. I also had some quiet moments to reflect on my Savior and His Atonement. I love Him and I love that His Atonement enables me to repent and become a better person every day (because I make A LOT of mistakes!)



When we got back Friday evening to Orlando, dad took us out to Disney's Boardwalk. We enjoyed a  little boat ride, yummy funnel cakes and sitting on the Yacht Club's manmade little beach.

Something that we did that evening that was really cool was prying open an oyster to find a pearl! Mom bought a oyster at a stand and when we got home we pried it open. It was actually really hard to open it and the oyster was so yucky! But the pearl was beautiful and I put it in a necklace. :)



Saturday morning Mom, Rachel and I went blueberry picking! It was so fun! This was a first for me and afterwards we made a delicious blueberry pie! I'm so domestic! 

Even if the cruise had bombed, this still would have been an awesome vacation because Jason and I had so much fun with the folks! I love my parents and siblings so much, I am so grateful for such a wonderful, loving family!



1 comment: